- If you want something, go for it. The worst thing that can happen is someone says no and you look for an even better opportunity. If one door closes, another one opens.
- Talk to different types of people. One of the best parts about going to a new school is that there are so many more people out in the world and their lives are so interesting. Get to know people and not just the mask that they hide behind.
- Don’t be afraid to be who you are. The hardest thing in life is finding who you truly are, if you want to take a stand and speak out then do it. Life is about broadening your horizon.
- Take as many pictures as you can. You seriously will always end up regretting the ones that you didn’t end up taking.
- If you want to do it then go do it. Don’t allow other people’s opinions to influence what you want to do during your life. You don’t want to end up doing something and be miserable doing it.
- The pain you feel, no matter how much or how little, is still pain and still needs to be acknowledged.
- Communication is key to all relationships, whether it is platonic, romantic or even with family members. If you don’t talk to them then the relationship won’t be as strong as it could be.
- Short-term memory lasts about 2 minutes so if you have an idea then write it down. It is so important to get ideas onto paper in order to be reminded of what was on your mind or of what you are wondering about.
- Be curious. Ask questions for the people that are around you. Although they say curiosity killed the cat it’s still okay to wonder about the way the world works. So ask questions.
- Read as many books as you can. The written word is so important, and reading is cool. Read as much and as often as you can, it will help you relax and maybe focus on something else besides stressing out.
- Life moves so fast, and often times it is hard to catch up. Don’t be scared to stop and take a break, go on a hike or just sit outside. Sometimes these moments are necessary in order to collect yourself and ground yourself once again.
- You are not the numerical value you receive in school. You are not the grade at the top of the test, you are not your SAT or ACT scores. They are not you.
- All you can do is your best. If at the end of the day you feel as though you put in your maximum effort and you are completely satisfied, then be proud. Don’t let others take you down for your best effort.
- Being mainstream is actually kind of boring. Be unique and different. People will always end up admiring your leadership like qualities for not sticking to the status quo.
- Whatever you do, have fun. When you put unnecessary pressure on yourself, it just causes you to become miserable. Have fun, be loose, and don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Fruits and veggies are important, but have some type of dessert on occasion. It’s important to treat yourself, whether that is by buying a new book or by eating ice cream, you deserve to unwind and be kind to yourself.
- Hurt people, hurt people.
I learned this when I was younger and it’s stuck with me ever since. Never forget that everyone fights their own battle, and only God has the right to judge them.With the election going on there has been a lot of negative backlash with the final results. I think that everyone needs to take a step back and remember that categorizing people, isn’t right. Judging people shouldn’t happen unless you have lived their life for a day. Kindness goes a very long way and we need to spread love and happiness to everyone. “Everybody love everybody” as Will Ferrel would say. Respect people and their opinions and beliefs, don’t shame them.Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.